Attackers of the Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State have been arrested, the Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor has said.
He said this at a parley with media executives in Abuja on Tuesday, adding that the arsonists would be paraded after at the conclusion of the investigation.
Some gunmen had stormed St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State, killing no fewer than 40 worshippers.
The Federal Government, however, said the Islamic States of West Africa Province terrorists were behind the attack.
During a meeting with editors and media executives in Abuja on Tuesday, the Chief of Defence Staff confirmed that the Owo attackers had been nabbed.
Irabor said the suspects would be paraded after an investigation had been concluded into the matter.
He said, “Within the last time we met, we have recorded remarkable achievement. Let me bring it to your notice that within the same period, there have been ignoble actions of men of the underworld that have impinged on our collective well-being, namely the unfortunate train attack, the attack on Kuje correctional center as well as what has been reported in the past the attack on the presidential convoy.