WHO ARE WE?
We are Silverbrid News 24, a member of the Silverbird Group. We are a new, refreshing, and authoritative cable news channel broadcasting from Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt on DSTV.
Peopled by the brightest, most creative, most versatile minds in multimedia journalism, powered by state-of-the-art digital broadcast technologies, propelled by people-centric programming; we will evolve into a cable news power house – the very best. We will become the most competitively reliable, most watched, most sought after cable news station in Nigeria, in Africa; a foremost player in the global news industry.
TRUTH, FAIRNESS, ACCURACY. At Silverbird News 24, we do not just report facts, we insist on the truth from all perspectives. We are relentless, determined, but fair, unbiased, and apolitical in our pursuit of the truth; treating all sides equally in all our presentations as we set the agenda for a more equitable society.
THE PEOPLE’S NEWS HAVEN. At the core of our values at Silverbird News 24 are our audiences. We exist not just to inform, educate, and entertain them; every second of our broadcast time reflects their passion, aspiration, and dream for better quality of lives.
PASSION, CREATIVITY, STORYTELLING. Silverbird News 24 is peopled by an array of upwardly mobile, highly skilled, and creative professionals who don’t just slap the facts in your face. They are incredible storytellers who bring freshness and excitement to news to the delight of our audiences.
PRUDENCE. At Silverbird News 24, excellence is our minimum standard. Yet we insist on being thrifty, eschewing wastage of any kind. We imbibe creative and dynamic ways of maximizing every opportunity – achieving much with less resources.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. Our people are hired and valued solely for their professional proficiency and high moral conduct. In recruiting our talents, we depart from all forms of gender, sexual, ethnic, and religious biases. Nepotism and political favours have no place in our recruitment. Everyone gets a fair chance to be hired and to grow as a professional.
WHAT WE DO
Our news bulletins are creatively and strategically structured to capture diverse aspects of humanity and interests. Each bulletin is uniquely tailored to meet the educational, informational, and entertainment needs of our audiences.
- NEWS BLITZ: news on a blitz with graphics, discussions, and correspondents’ reports from across Nigeria. It’s our signature news bulletin encompassing hard news, features, business, entertainment, and sports. News Blitz is spread out across our three broadcasting belts: 6am – 2pm; 2pm – 10pm; 10pm – 6am.
- NEWS AFRIQUE: a daily reportage and breakdown of news from across Africa through news reports, discussions, analysis, and live events.
- WORLD VIEW: this bulletin opens a window into issues, events, people and places around the world at the drop of a hat through daily news reports, discussions and analysis.
- LEADING STORY: a daily agenda setting analysis and discussion of top stories that made headlines across the world. Each of its three twenty-minute segments focuses on the most dominant headlines from Nigeria, Africa, and the rest of the world.
- NEWS THIS WEEK: a run through major news headlines in Nigeria each day of the week starting with the news of the day. Broadcast on Saturday at 10pm.
- AFRICA THIS WEEK: a recorded diary of stories that made news headlines in Africa during the week. Broadcast over the weekend.
- THE WORLD THIS WEEK: a recorded diary of stories that made global news headlines during the week. Broadcast over the weekend.
- PERSPECTIVES: a magazine features news programme with incredible storytelling about everyday issues and trends from different parts of the world that our audiences care about and want to see on TV. It is broadcast on Sunday at 10pm and starts with the news of the day.
There is a growing demand for pidgin programming and news across Nigeria and the rest of Africa. As a news brand that believes in putting our audiences first, we are positioning ourselves as the de facto place for pidgin news on television in Africa.
- TORI TIME (LOCAL): our signature pidgin bulletin written and presented with style, sass, and precision. Broadcast twice a day and covers national news, business, and sports.
- TORI TIME (WORLD): broadcast at 10pm Nigerian time, this pidgin news package is our flagship bulletin with a focus on global news through news reports, discussions and analysis.
- WETIN PEPA TALK?: with specific newspaper stands in Port Harcourt and Abuja serving as backdrops, this is a discussion programme that has everyday Nigerians who visit newspaper stands to read for free as guests.
Our programming cuts across business, entertainment, sports, politics and current affairs issues. We try as much as possible to stay true to the perceived needs of our audiences.
- FIRST LIGHT: early morning show with different segments – news, interviews, discussions, analysis, entertainment and sports. A sure day starter for our esteemed audiences. Broadcast from 6am – 9.30am during the week.
- BREAKFAST ON SATURDAY & SUNDAY: light-hearted early morning shows with varied segments aimed at providing weekend entertainment for our audiences.
POLITICS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS
- NIGERIA THIS MORNING: the programme focuses on trends and current affairs in Nigeria. It discusses issues affecting the daily lives of average Nigerians. It also seeks to unveil the direction of government’s policies and plans.
- TRACKING THE PRESIDENT: this programme aims to shine the light on the activities of the presidency – the president, vice president, presidential aides and ministers who work in and around the presidency. The programme is structured to go beyond the activities in the corridors of power and critically analyse policies, programmes, utterances and the disposition of key players in the presidency
- FROM THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY: the essence of this programme is to keep our audiences abreast of happenings at the National Assembly – bills, motions, committee events among others and to help set legislative agenda.
- THE MANDATE: it holds ‘power’ accountable to the people, monitoring government projects, highlighting abandoned projects and reminding the elected of the promises they made to the electorate. It ‘follows the money’ through monitoring of the budget and its implementation.
- ABUJA REVIEW: this programme x-rays challenges and proffers solutions to distortions in the Master Plan of Abuja and meet the demands of the increasing population of the Nigerian capital. It also aims at educating residents of Abuja on their rights and obligations and provides information to boost exiting synergy between stakeholders involved in the development of the capital territory.
- LEGALLY SPEAKING: it examines judicial activities across Nigeria with emphasis on how the law affects the economy, human rights and the criminal justice system.
- NORTH EAST TRENDS: this programme chronicles the lifestyles of people in north eastern Nigeria as they pick back pieces of their lives in the aftermath of Boko Haram attacks. But beyond the insurgency, the programme also highlights the cultural, religious, and ideological diversities in the north east while celebrating the resilience of the people.
- ECHOES FROM THE SOUTH SOUTH: the programme focuses on the rich cultural heritage of the Niger Delta and other states in the south south, while also highlighting some of the challenges bedeviling the geo-political zone.
- BUSINESS TRENDS: focuses on providing useful and up to date information on developments and trends in the business sector. It also enlightens viewers on government policies and how they affect the economy. Each episode provides information that would serve as a guide for investors and stakeholders in the show. Broadcast daily at
- BUSINESS NOW: takes viewers through a journey of financial happenings within Nigeria and around the world in the last one week through reports, interviews with experts and analyst from the private and public sectors.
- HEALTH REVIEW: the show focuses on health and lifestyle from every regard. Viewers get exposes on anything and everything related to food, drugs, exercise, relaxation, healthy eating habits, emerging diseases and threats as well as their cure. It also focus on new food and lifestyle trends.
- TRAVEL LOG: a diary of trips to various places within and outside Nigeria, by air, rail, sea and road trips. Meeting intriguing people, seeing amazing places, eating their cuisines and being part of the culture of the particular state or country.
- THE GREEN SHOW: it features topical issues that border on preserving the environment and calls for change where required. Guests are environmentalists, conservationists, government officials, members of non-governmental organizations as well as people affected by the adverse effect of climate change.