A building apartment within the courtyard of the palace of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi razed down by fire Friday night.
The Director, Media and Public Affairs of the palace, Otunba Moses Olafare disclosed this via his Facebook page a few hours ago.
He said that at about 11:30pm yesterday, (Friday), the apartment was engulfed in flames of fire incident triggered by power surge.
According to him, the inferno was caused by power surge of the electrical appliances in the affected apartment.
He said that the inferno did not spread beyond the affected building located at a section of the palace premises as it was swiftly put out through the combined efforts of the state government fire service and the that of the Obafemi Awolowo University Fire Service and the Palace Emergency Control Unit.
He stated that no casualties nor injuries recorded in the incident